Do you find yourself getting pulled in by others in their time of need or vice versa? We have curated dozens of misery loves company quotes to remind you that you’re not alone.
When’s the last time you were someone else’s support system?
The oldest reference of the phrase “misery loves company” is by 14th-century Italian historian Dominici de Gravina. Cliff’s Notes states that Gravina once wrote “Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris,” which translates to, “It is a comfort to the unfortunate to have had companions in woe.”
Today, the phrase is still a part of popular culture and frequently finds its way into modern movies, music, and television.
Below are quotes that analyze these relationships from many different perspectives, including how to handle toxic people, the importance of listening to others, and how to move forward.
Also read these walking away quotes and sayings for when it’s time to let go.
Misery loves company quotes on relationships
1. “If you’re giving love and not receiving it, you’re not in the right relationship. If you’re receiving it and not giving it than you are taking advantage of the other person.” – Patti Stanger
2. “A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass, if you stay you will keep hurting…If you walk away, you will hurt but eventually you will heal.” – Autumn Kohler
3. “In any relationship where one person depends on another to be his or her ‘parachute’ — and the other accepts this role — both will fall to the ground.” – Guy Finley
4. “Relationships based on obligation lack dignity.” – Wayne Dyer
5. “Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts, and don’t put up with people that are reckless with yours.” – Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6