Fence quotes are interesting and inspiring both at the same time.
A homeowner knows the importance of having a good fence surrounding their property.
Fences help to keep the things you want to stay in your yard, like kids and dogs, from getting out.
And fences can also help keep unwanted things out of your yard.
Fences also create clear boundaries for others to see, like your neighbors.
These boundaries can help you have better relationships with neighbors since everyone knows where one piece of property stops and the next one begins.
Fences can be a good analogy for the important boundaries we need to set in life with others to maintain healthy relationships and protect our mental health and overall wellness.
The fence quotes below will share a little of both. Top Ten Fence Quotes
Some people like fences and what they accomplish, while others don’t. See what you think about these fence quotes.
1. “Don’t ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
2. “A politician is an animal which can sit on a fence and yet keep both ears to the ground.” – H. L. Mencken
3. “The only fence against the world is a thorough knowledge of it.” – John Locke
4. “They claim this mother of ours, the Earth, for their own use, and fence their neighbors away from her, and deface her with their buildings and their refuse.” – Sitting Bull
5. “If you strive for the moon, maybe you’ll get over the fence.” – James Woods
6. “Love your neighbor as yourself, but don’t take down the fence.” – Carl Sandburg
7. “He has sat on the fence so long that the iron has entered his soul.” – David Lloyd George
8. “Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence.” – Lemuel K. Washburn
9. “You can choose not to sit on the fence.