ADHD in College: recent publications

5 Steps to College Accommodations: A Guide for Students with Learning Differences

Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island. They are excited about the opportunities awaiting their teen, but they also seek reassurance – that their child will be ready to live and study independently by the time classes start.The first question parents usually ask is, “How do we transfer my child’s IEP or 504 Plan to college?” Reality hits when I tell them that these plans do not transfer to college. Accommodations, however, are available for students with learning differences, but they are requested and implemented differently in college.Most parents and students do not know the difference between accommodations and modifications.

guest blog

Related articles