treating kids 504 Plan IEP

Q: IEP vs. 504 Plan — Which Will Work Better for My Child?

Reading now: 903

IEP (Individualized Education Program) — which arises under the IDEA, a federal education law — and a Section 504 Plan, which arises under a different federal law that bars discrimination against individuals with disabilities.

Both laws can apply to students with ADHD and, depending upon your child’s needs, you may decide to pursue one or the other.Obtaining an IEP requires that you go through a formal process, which begins with an evaluation of your child by a professional who will look at “all suspected areas of disability.” Then, your school district will determine if your child falls within one of the mandated classifications under the IDEA, usually “other health impairment” for a student with ADHD.

The website is an aggregator of articles from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the article if you find it unreliable.

Related articles