Read these tolerance quotes and further explore the meaning of a powerful human action.
As with any other form of human expression, tolerance has a wide range of definitions. Some say tolerance is accepting the opinions and preferences of others even when you do not agree with them. It is not putting your opinions above those of others, even when you are certain you are right.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon expressed that tolerance is the key to laying a foundation to transform our society, noting that “Tolerance is not passive.
It demands an active choice to reach out on the basis of mutual understanding and respect, especially where disagreement exists.
Tolerance means recognizing that our diversity is a strength.” Check these tolerance quotes and let us know what it means to you.
Don’t forget to also check out these patience quotes on life, love and success.
Thoughtful Quotes About Tolerance
1. “A man who cannot tolerate small misfortunes can never accomplish great things.” – Chinese Proverb
2. “It’s as though the adult world is intolerant of hopes and dreams that seem too fanciful, or too hopeful.” – Simeon Lindstrom, Intentional Living Hope
3. “Human diversity makes tolerance more than a virtue; it makes it a requirement for survival.” – Rene Dubos
4. “The only way to be tolerant of others is to be able to see the world through their eyes.” – Tohon, Landscape of a Mind
5. “When you are tolerant, you are allowing every individual whom you meet to follow the dictates of their own reason and conscience.” – Marilyn J. Awtry, River of Life
6. “Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.” – Helen Keller
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6