These Rodney Dangerfield quotes are still popular even after the famed comedian has been gone for more than a decade.
The standup comedian’s humor was generally focused on self-deprecation and making fun of family life which earned him a loyal and appreciative audience since he started entertaining clubs and comedy bars in the ’60s in New York.
His most notable catchphrase was “I don’t get no respect!” on which most of his jokes were based.
Rodney Dangerfield was born on November 22, 1921, in Deer Park, New York. Besides stand-up comedy, he was also an actor, producer, screenwriter, musician and author. Dangerfield died on October 5, 2004, following a month in a coma due to complications from heart valve surgery.
Here are 50 of Rodney Dangerfield’s famous quotes and one-liners from his days as an actor and comedian which won the hearts of his fans.
Don’t forget to also check out our list of Ron Swanson quotes that are hilarious and insightful.
Memorable Rodney Dangerfield quotes
1. “Boy what a hotel that was. Why, they stole my towel!” – Rodney Dangerfield
2. “For two hours, some guy followed me around with a pooper scooper.” – Rodney Dangerfield
3. “I was so ugly my mother used to feed me with a slingshot.” – Rodney Dangerfield
4. “I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.” – Rodney Dangerfield
5. “I have good-looking kids. Thank goodness my wife cheats on me.” – Rodney Dangerfield
6. “I have nothing but troubles with my car. Every Sunday I take my family out for a push.” – Rodney Dangerfield
7. “I haven’t spoken to my wife in years. I didn’t want to interrupt her.” – Rodney Dangerfield
8. “I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap.” – Rodney Dangerfield
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6