Foster care is a difficult and emotional labor of love, as evidenced by these foster care quotes. There are many things that make foster care heartbreaking, the first of which is that it is even necessary.
Social workers have ‘cases,’ but each case is really the story of an individual human child that has been wronged in some unimaginable way by the people who should have loved them the most. Everyone involved in the case becomes someone who can make a difference in the child’s future.
One of the most profound ways that people can make a difference is by fostering these children within their families. It is not an effortless task, and the people who open up their hearts and homes are genuine heroes.
Sadly, not all foster homes are loving and warm, and some people foster for all the wrong reasons. This only adds more trauma to the children and also makes the lives of good foster parents even more difficult.
These foster care quotes about love and adoption will have you in tears.
Don’t forget to also check out these adoption quotes celebrating the decision and process.
Short foster care quotes
1. “Parenthood requires love, not DNA.” — Unknown
2. “You may be in our home for a season but you’ll be in our hearts forever.” — Unknown
3. “Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like someone else to love them.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
4. “Little souls find their way to you, whether they’re from your womb or someone else’s.” — Sheryl Crow
5. “Fostering takes time, but love arrives instantly.” — Unknown
6. “Family is not defined by our genes; it is built and maintained through love.” — Unknown
7. “Every kid is one caring adult away from being a success story.” — Josh Shipp
8. “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6