Immigration is an important social issue that divides the United States. Below, we have compiled immigration quotes from dozens of prominent figures that explore each side of this social issue. How has immigration affected your life?
From the fruition of the United States, immigration has always been the American way. From genre-defining scientists to award-winning artists, immigrants have done amazing things for U.S. culture. Throughout history, immigrants have played a large part in the progression of our society.
Below, we have compiled quotes on immigration from a wide variety of sources including politicians, celebrities, and journalists. With their insight, you can learn more about the perspectives behind both sides of the issue. Immigration quotes from politicians
1. “The immigration issue is, I recognize, one that generates a lot of passion, but it does not make sense for us to want to push talent out.” – Barack Obama
2. “Before ICE, we had Immigration and Naturalization Services, but it wasn’t until about 1999 that we chose to criminalize immigration at all. And then, once ICE was established, we really kind of militarized that enforcement to a degree that was previously unseen in the United States.” – Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez
3. “Our immigration policy should be based in compassion and a desire to help the other.” – Ilhan Omar
4. “But I can tell you another engine for growth and job creation would be comprehensive immigration reform.” – Hillary Clinton
5. “We need comprehensive immigration reform. Dr. King wouldn’t be pleased at all to know that there are millions of people living in the shadow, living in fear in places like Georgia and Alabama.” – John Lewis
6. “I don’t see how the party that says it’s the