She is known for her words as you’ll see in the following Amanda Gorman quotes.
Amanda Gorman is an American poet who has used her poetry to draw attention to issues in America that she cares about, such as racism and oppression.
Her poetry gained such great attention that she delivered a reading of her poem “The Hill We Climb” at the inauguration of President Joe Biden in 2021.
Amanda has overcome many hardships in her life, such as a speech impediment she had when she was younger.
However, Amanda viewed this as a positive thing instead of a setback.
In fact, she once said, “I always saw it as a strength because since I was experiencing these obstacles in terms of my auditory and vocal skills, I became really good at reading and writing.”
And now people around the world are enjoying her writing, just as you can enjoy these Amanda Gorman quotes.
Inspirational Amanda Gorman Quotes
We could all use encouragement at times. See if these Amanda Gorman quotes inspire you to go after your own dreams and make a difference around you.
1. “Let each dawn find us courageous, brought closer, heeding the lights before the fight is over.” – Amanda Gorman
2. “Poetry is the lens we use to interrogate the history we stand on and the future we stand for.” – Amanda Gorman
3. “Whenever I listen to songs, I rewrite them in my head.” – Amanda Gorman
4. “In everything you write, write something that is brave enough to be hopeful.” – Amanda Gorman
5. “That even as we grieved, we grew. That even as we hurt, we hoped. That even as we tired, we tried.” – Amanda Gorman
6. “Change is made of choices, & choices are made of character.” – Amanda Gorman
7. “When this ends, we’ll smile sweetly, finally seeing.” – Amanda Gorman
8. “Not because we will