The following Ella Fitzgerald quotes show you why she was considered the First Lady of Song.
Ella Fitzgerald was one of the most famous female jazz singers which led her to earn the privilege of being known as the First Lady of Song. She sang with some of the biggest names in music history like Frank Sinatra (see Frank Sinatra quotes) and Nat King Cole.
Her music united people as she was loved by everyone regardless of race or class. Her incredible talent led her to sell over 40 million albums while earning 13 Grammy Awards.
Not only did she experience plenty of success with music, but it was also where she felt the most comfortable and confident.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise and thoughtful Ella Fitzgerald quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also check out these music quotes on how it heals our souls.
Ella Fitzgerald Quotes To Move You From The First Lady Of Song
1. “The only thing better than singing is more singing.”― Ella Fitzgerald
2. “I used to be very self-conscious. I used to wish I was pretty. By smiling, I think I’ve made more friends than if I was the other way.” ― Ella Fitzgerald
3. “I stole everything I ever heard, but mostly I stole from the horns.” ― Ella Fitzgerald
4. “You never know how a room feels, what a crowd is going to react to. You have to find out when you’re standing out there singing the first time.”― Ella Fitzgerald
5. “Music is the universal language … it brings people closer together.” ― Ella Fitzgerald
6. “Now we’re not afraid when storm clouds gather ‘Cause we got the kind of love that’ll see us through.” ― Ella Fitzgerald
7. “Coming through the years, and finding that I not only have just the fans of my day, but the
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6