These fascism quotes from proponents and opponents of the movement will help you better understand the term.
Fascism is a word that gets tossed around a lot, but many people do not truly understand what it means.
What is fascism in simple terms?
Basically, it is a movement that promotes the idea of a forcibly large, powerful, indivisible, and uniform nation. The regimented nation is under the control of an autocratic ruler.
An autocratic ruler is someone who rules with ‘an iron fist.’ They are dictators who use fear and control to gain power. They are people like Mussolini, Adolf Hitler, Napoleon Bonaparte, Queen Elizabeth I, and Vladimir Putin.
These are all leaders who exert (or exerted) complete, authoritarian control over a group or organization—in their case, it was over nations and empires.
Keep reading to learn more about the origins of fascism.
Thought-provoking fascism quotes
1. “Unity in faith is theocracy; unity in politics is fascism.” — Maajid Nawaz
2. “Fascism was a counter-revolution against a revolution that never took place.” — Ignazio Silone
3. “Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born.” — Aneurin Bevan
4. “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” — Sinclair Lewis
5. “Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
6. “The 20th century was a test bed for big ideas – fascism, communism, the atomic bomb.” — P. J. O’Rourke
7. “Any society where it’s a crime or a hassle to be different is a society based on psychological fascism.” — David Icke
8. “You cannot appease fascism by meeting it in the middle; you cannot beat racism by indulging or excusing it.” — Mehdi
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6