Check out these fifty contentment quotes and let us know your favorite in the comment section below.
What is the difference between happiness and contentment? Well, happiness refers to the state of being happy or feeling pleasure. Happiness is a momentary state, meaning it can come and go.
People, things and experiences come around and they can provide happiness, but when they leave what happens to our happiness? Contentment is a long-term state of being where one is at peace with their conditions and have the knowledge that things are ok just as they are.
Daniel Cordaro, founder of the Contentment Foundation, suggests that “Contentment comes from our relationship to what is going on around us, rather than our reaction to it. It is the peaceful realization that we are whole and complete just as we are, despite the anger, sadness, joy, frustration, and excitement that may come in and out from time to time.”
How do you define contentment? Keep reading these contentment quotes to discover more.
Don’t forget to also check out these inner peace quotes that will help you keep calm and focused.
Contentment Quotes To Simplify Your Life
1. “Contentment is the only real wealth.”- Alfred Nobel
2. “The greatest wealth is to live content with little.” ― Plato
3. “True contentment comes with empathy.”- Tim Finn
4. “I don’t look for bliss, just contentment.”- Alison Krauss
5. “True humility is contentment.”- Henri Frederic Amiel
6. “Contentment does not come from achievement.”- Paul Henderson
7. “One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment.” – Merle Shain
8. “Contentment consists not in adding more fuel, but in taking away some fire.”- Thomas Fuller
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6