Chuck Yeager was the first human to officially break the sound barrier on October 14, 1947, and many of these Chuck Yeager quotes are about doing so in the X-1.
He is arguably one of the best pilots to ever live, so it is no surprise that many of the quotes on this list are about flying.
He began his career as a private in the US army during WWII as an aircraft mechanic. In September 1942, he enlisted pilot training.
When he graduated he was promoted to the rank of flight officer (the World War II Army Air Force version of the Army’s warrant officer).
He was also a “flying ace” which means that he shot down five or more enemy aircraft during aerial combat. For Chuck Yeager, it was a little different as he was reached what is called “ace in day” status. He shot down five or more aircraft all in one day.
Keep reading through these Chuck Yeager quotes that you can use in your daily life, even if you are not a fighter pilot!
Don’t forget to also check out these airplane quotes about flying and travel.
Short Chuck Yeager quotes to live by
1. “Rules are made for people who aren’t willing to make up their own.” — Chuck Yeager
2. “Never wait for trouble.” — Chuck Yeager
3. “Everybody that I’ve ever seen that enjoyed their job was very good at it.” — Chuck Yeager
4. “At the moment of truth, there are either reasons or results.” — Chuck Yeager
5. “Hey Ridley, that Machometer is acting screwy. It just went off the scale on me.” — Chuck Yeager
6. “You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.” — Chuck Yeager
7. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up, but you don’t give up.” —
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6