Take a look at these freedom of speech quotes that truly demonstrate the importance of unfettered expression.
Do you feel that you are listened to? Everyone deserves to be heard, but sometimes it is easy to feel like our voices get drowned out.
When people think about their perceived “freedom of speech”, many aspects of that right are misunderstood and the limits are often overlooked.
Contrary to some people’s belief, the 1st Amendment is not a permission slip to recklessly harass people or go around sharing false information. For example, any words that are determined to promote incitement, defamation, fraud, obscenity, or are deemed fighting words or threats are not protected under the 1st Amendment.
In this piece, you will find quotes from those with full impunity to say what they want to those who are under-represented and too often silenced.
Hopefully, you will find inspiration or at the very least, food for thought in these freedom of speech quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these freedom quotes on destiny, leadership and independence.
Freedom of speech quotes from writers
1. “Censorship is to art as lynching is to justice.” – Henry Louis Gates
2. “You win a debate with a better argument, not by force.” – Frank Sonnenberg
3. “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” – George Orwell
4. “Sometimes a people lose their right to remain silent when pressured to remain silent.” –Criss Jami
5. I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” – Evelyn Beatrice Hall
6. “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.” – Oscar Wilde
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6